Skip to main content

Welcome To Cinematic Scribbles

Hello Readers, Welcome to Cinematic Scribbles πŸ‘‹

  I am so exited to be writing my first blog post ever, here on this blog I will be sharing reviews on the latest and trendy movies which you would love.

My name is Alakija Temilade, currently studying at Lagos State University, Nigeria in the department of mass communication. I started blogging so I can share my personal take on movies from various genres especially highly rated ones, not only would I be giving out movie recommendations and reviews, I will also be sharing a bits of some parts my daily life.

So, without taking more of your time the title of the movie for today is ‘Smile 2’ it was aired in cinemas 18th October 2024 in the US and 3rd December 2024 on Paramount Plus. As Smile is a Paramount Pictures movie, it may not be available on Netflix or Prime Video. Smile 2, which a sequel of Smile released 2022. The Smile franchise is an American psychological supernatural horror film directed by Parker Finn in his feature directorial debut. The movie received generally positive reviews and grossed over $217 million worldwide on a budget of $17 million.

 


Synopsis

Doctor Rose cotter, a therapist. She meets a new patient named Laura, who tells her about the terrifying occurrence she has been experiencing after witnessing the suicide of her professor. A while later Laura also committed suicide in front of Doctor Rose, and a chilling detail from this event is that Laura displayed an unsettling ‘smile’ at the time of her death. The following day, Doctor. Rose started to experience similar experience which her patient (Laura) endured. This prompted her to investigate to restore balance to her life. During her investigation, she discovers that prior to Laura, numerous victims had died under comparable circumstance, with the disturbing commonality being the horrifying smiles they bore while ending their lives. Will Doctor Rose uncover the cause of this peculiar deaths and manage to avert a fate simi9lar to that of the previous victims?

What I understood about this movie was the fact that this entity that seem to torment them lived in their mind to feed off from them after it is done it kills them, the entity made them a prisoner of their own mind. In the movie we can see that it even took the face of Doctor Rose’s dead mother to manipulate her, the Smile 2 was more like a continuation to Smile but here we get to see that the entity appears stronger. The difference between the Smile and Smile 2 was that in Smile 2, Skye(the main cast in smile 2), was living in an illusion all through out the movie, if you watch a lot of horror movie you would realize how brilliant this technique was, because this is the first time we as the audience get to understand what people experiencing  hallucination pass through. The entity makes up things in your mind only you can see and experience which appears to others as hallucination. But the ending of Smile 2 is still a mystery because we are not completely sure Skye killed herself or she was hallucinating. Personally, I think the casts were top-notch they all acted so well so I don’t think there are any weak cast. The Smile movie explained the metaphor for a person control over the mind in response to trauma, and the pressure people feel to cover up their struggle with fake happiness.

I have not seen any movie that is so new and fresh like this horror film, it is different from the others you may have watched, just try it and thank me later and regarding the special effect, it gave the movie the last touch; At the moment when the entity appeared like from no where I felt my heart skip a beatπŸ˜…. I already mentioned the budget earlier on, the Smile movie made $217 million on a budget of $17 million just so you see how successful it was for them to remake a sequel you should understand how highly rated it was.

Thank you all for staying till the end I love you all. If you’ve not seen these movies, I shall add a link where you can download the movies, if you have watched them, feel free to share your thoughts. Lights off but the story continues, until the next scribble, stay real! 


Get Smile 1 πŸ‘‰πŸ» Download

Get Smile 2 πŸ‘‰πŸ»Download


Comments

  1. The review is nice😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you 😘

      Delete
    2. I don't like horror movies but you made me almost download it 🌝

      Delete
  2. Lovely review.....I love you fact that you made us understand this movie was profitable....I will need to go watch this movie....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice explanation about the movie. This is a very good blog on movies and would help your audience in selecting a movie to watch as your review is complete and addresses interesting aspect of the movie.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great Job Temilade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Weldon Temilade. Beautiful piece..could you review Christian movies for young adults . Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you ma I am already working on that

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one. Thank you for these movies recommendations. Now I’ll have to see the movie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Check out these hit scribbles

The Forge

Hello readers πŸ‘‹  Welcome back, i hope you liked the first review. So, I got some requests to review some Christian movie, so I am happy to tell you all that I got a very good movie in fact I felt the impact and learnt a lot from it. So, lets get into it…. The movie we would be discussing is ‘The Forge’. The story revolves around a guy named Isiah who doesn’t take life seriously, so his mum gave him an ultimatum to either get a job to pay her rent or leave her house. While seeking for a job, he met a man named Mr Moore who teaches him about life and responsibility so little by little things changes for Isiah. The Forge movie was directed by Alex Kendrick also written by him and his brother Stephen Kendrick who was also the producer. The Kendrick brothers also made hits movie like War Room and Overcomer . This movie was released in the United States on August 23, 2024, receiving positive reviews from critics and audiences and grossing $40 million worldwide against a budget of $5 mi...